R&D Summer Intern
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7. billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
What we are looking for
We are seeking innovators, collaborators, and problem solvers. Our interns do not shy away from a challenge, and are looking for a chance to create a real impact with our company. Avery Dennison’s Internship Program has a single business focus to cultivate future talent for our rapidly growing organization. With a concentrated blend of experiential on-the-job learning, a dynamic environment, access to business leaders, and a supportive team of co-workers, peers, and supervisors, the Internship Program will provide you the opportunity to sharpen your skills and collaborate on a number of strategic projects.
We’re seeking an R&D Intern to join our North American business during the summer of 2022. You will be responsible for completing an assignment focused on process improvement initiatives and collaborating with the R&D leadership team in one of our state of the art facilities. After a successful summer an R&D Intern will get hands on experience. Our summer internship program serves as a talent pipeline for our Early Careers Program in R&D and throughout the organization.
We are considering individuals who are excited about working in Ohio for the summer of 2122.
What you will be doing
- Use design of experiment techniques and statistical methods to plan and perform testing and process trials on laboratory, pilot and production-scale equipment.
- Execute testing protocols to measure product performance against customer requirements in conjunction with Avery Dennison testing facilities.
- Collaborate with businesses across R&D teams to translate platform technology into next-generation products
- Support cross-functional teams with special projects as required
What sets us apart
Avery Dennison’s Summer Internship Program is unlike any other with its emphasis on networking, community and support. From Day 1, networking is encouraged, promoted and expected within the program. As you are on-boarded with other summer interns and Early Careers Program associates from various tracks, you quickly develop a community of individuals all committed to make sure you have what it takes to succeed.
A core component of the curriculum is the peer mentoring program. Paired with an Early Careers Associate or program graduate within the organization, the program focuses on the transition from college to corporate, leveraging strengths and defining your early career path.
In addition as an organization that values diversity and inclusion, we welcome our Summer Interns to take an active role in our Employee Resource Groups(ERG’s). ERG’s are a group of employees that help advance and promote diversity, cultural awareness and an inclusive work environment. Some of our ERG’s are Black Employee Resource Group (BERG), Elevate(Women’s Leadership Development), NEO Chinese Association, Unite(LGBT+), Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG).
What you will need to bring to the program
Avery Dennison has a long history of being an industry leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- Previous internship/co-op experience or relevant work experience
- Experience in an industrial R&D environment preferred
- Experience via student organizations, such as Engineers without Borders, American Society of Chemical Engineers, Society of Women Engineers, National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers etc.
- Volunteerism or similar activities
- Ability to travel 10 percent of the time
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.