About this Job
NGO Sustainability offers opportunities for interns and associates who want to gain experience in global sustainable development, renewable energy, and women’s empowerment issues.
Throughout the course of the year, selective groups of bright, hard-working college students, graduate students, post-graduate students, and retirees, volunteer their time at NGO Sustainability. They help further every aspect of the organization, from drafting reports on UN events to organizing and attending meetings with top business people and ambassadors in the world of sustainable development.
Interns and associates get intensive knowledge of the work of the United Nations. They organize events and often attend relevant UN sessions with Roma Stibravy, President and Founder of NGO Sustainability.
Their work helps build connections while raising awareness and promoting sustainability. Manresa Island is an effort by NGO Sustainability to help convert a decommissioned fossil fuel power plant into a solar array. Please see our newsletter, “Global Warning,” to which we all contribute.
NGO Sustainability seeks dynamic, self-starters to assist in its outreach, research, and awareness-raising efforts. This position is a unique opportunity to attain knowledge of current advancements in the field of sustainable development while learning about the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Interns will also become familiar with how the United Nations deals with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and will attend and report on relevant meetings at the United Nations and local organizations.
Some of the main projects interns contribute to throughout their time at NGO includes fundraising; researching, editing and publishing the newsletter; our Sustainable Fashion Report; our Sustainable College Reports; and other projects. We welcome individuals with experience and knowledge on:
- Engineering and business majors
- Newest technologies in sustainability, including geoengineering
- Sustainable, ESG investing in business and industry
- Sustainable fashion and industrial design
- Clean and renewable energy technology and policy
- Fundraising and grant applications
- Synthesize articles, prepare and distribute newsletters, to a mailing list of 1,000+ subscribers.
- Maintain correspondence with NGO Sustainability’s mailing list, responding to inquiries via email and telephone.
- Coordinate meetings with innovators, entrepreneurs, UN Secretariat and Ambassadors.
- Organize and facilitate conferences and webinars at the United Nations.
- Administrative duties, such as filing, making phone calls, gathering materials.
- Write weekly article summaries and biweekly special topic/environmental organization reports.
- Manage website and social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Contact local, state, federal and international officials working on these issues.
- Work on teams including the newsletter, fundraising, social media/web design, sustainable fashion, university sustainability, and alumni outreach.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- College or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Internships last the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19