Education/Youth Development Summer Camp Internship - (PAID)
Join us this summer at Camp Towanda for the experience of a lifetime!
Working at summer camp is an incredible opportunity to prepare for a career in education!
Camp Towanda is the premier co-ed, 7 week sleep-away camp for children ages 7-17. We offer a well rounded program of activities from sports, to the waterfront, Outdoor Adventure and the Arts.
- Apply classroom learning, theories, and experiences to real world settings.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to large groups of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network, including school educators, child psychologists, social workers and college counselors.
Camp Towanda is hiring enthusiastic, outgoing and dedicated staff to work with children ages 7-17. General Counselors are like big brothers/sisters or surrogate parents to our campers during the summer. As a General Counselor you live with the campers and other co-counselors in a cabin and have opportunities to assist in a wide variety of daily activities and sports. You serve as a role model to help our campers navigate camp life.
You will also have an opportunity to create, propose and execute innovative “lesson plans” in the camp environment to various different age groups. Based upon your concentration in school, internships can be focused on a particular age/development stage.
We are looking for outgoing leaders that want to make a difference and be part of an amazing inspiring community. The specialty of a General Counselor is the kids themselves! This is an excellent opportunity to be creative, fun, hard working and part of a great team!
When you work at Camp Towanda, you get hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that any future employer is looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. The job of a counselor is multi-faceted. Your spirit, creativity and leadership is paramount. Summer camp is an immersive, full time, 24-hour job. Flexibility, responsibility and stamina are key attributes for our staff to possess. Working with kids is a challenging job but one of the most rewarding job experiences you will ever have.
Ideal Candidates are:
- Enjoys mentoring and interacting with children
- Likes working with a team
- Has stamina and energy
- Understands the responsibility at hand
Camp Towanda attracts down-to-earth, friendly and spirited campers, families and staff. We hire 300 counselors and support staff from over 20 countries and all across the USA. When you work at Camp Towanda, you make a real difference in camper’s lives, while building your resume and career-building skills (leadership, work-ethic, public speaking, management, responsibility) with the support of our top-notch senior staff and Director.
For 100 years, Camp Towanda has continued to define what summer camp is all about. We are highly regarded and respected as an industry leader and are involved in giving back to various organizations throughout the year. Camp Towanda is accredited by the American Camp Association.
- Available mid-June thru mid-August.
- Candidates are required to complete at least one year of college
- Qualified references
- Great with children
- Strong work ethic
Benefits of Interning at Camp Towanda:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Receive routine feedback and supervision by a professional with expertise and educational/professional background in your associated field.
- Satisfy school internship requirements and earn credits as/if needed.
- You are living and working at the same place in an immersive community.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you with future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
- Pay scale depends on experience and qualifications. Housing, meals, laundry service and travel reimbursement are provided.
The next step is to fill out our online application. We will then connect to set up a video interview over Zoom. Our internships are integrated with our hired camp counselor positions; there is one application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com