Sports Management Summer Camp Internship - (PAID)
Camp Towanda offers instruction and competition in all land and water sports!
Join our Towanda Team this summer!
Camp Towanda is the premier co-ed, 7 week sleep-away camp for children ages 7-17. We offer a well rounded program of activities from sports, to the waterfront, Outdoor Adventure and the Arts.
- Build upon the knowledge of your sport and strengthen your coaching skills while applying classroom learning, theories, and experiences to a real world setting.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Manage multiple teams and coordinate games, scrimmages and tournaments
- Understand logistics in tournament play, transportation, programming and coordination within the organization and working with other camps.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As a Sports Management Intern, you will be considered an Activity Specialist in your associated sport or discipline. You will be assigned a mentor, working closely with our Athletic, Program and Tournament Directors on tournament scheduling, coaching strategies, and managing equipment inventory. You will also coach teams and work directly with many department heads in all land and water sports.
Athletic Specialists help teach groups of 20-40 campers at a time (boys and girls, ages 7-17) in their area of expertise. They are responsible for instructing different levels and abilities, from beginners to advanced. Our Athletic Specialists are responsible for coaching intra-camp games and inter-camp leagues, including county-wide tournaments with other camps. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on sports management experience..
There are typically six, 50 minute long activity periods per day. You will be directly involved with the curriculum planning, participant engagement and execution of a successful program related to your sport with various age groups (boys and girls).
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and diligent instructors for many of our activity areas. If you play the sport in school, this is a great way to stay engaged and share your passion with younger generations. Great for those looking to be teachers or coaches in the future.
Some of the sports we offer:
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football
- Martial Arts
- Roller / Street Hockey
- Swimming / Lifeguarding
- Track & Field
- And MORE...for a full list check out our website!
Education Interns also work with the campers as a counselor, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at Camp Towanda as a counselor provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. When you are not at your specialty, you will be with your assigned group of campers as a counselor, ensuring safety, team-building, growth and development in all activities and in life at camp.
Benefits of Interning at Camp Towanda:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Satisfy school internship requirements and earn credits if needed.
- Receive routine feedback and supervision by a professional with expertise and educational/professional background in your associated field.
- Working at camp is not your typical job/internship. You are living and working at the same place in an immersive community lifestyle.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you with future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
- Pay scale depends on experience and qualifications. Plus, housing, meals, laundry service and travel reimbursement are provided!
The next step is to fill out our online application. We will then connect to set up a video interview over Zoom. Our internships are integrated with our hired camp counselor positions; there is one application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org