Staff Civil Engineer
Cunningham Engineering is seeking an experienced and organized, full-time Staff Civil Engineer to work in our Davis office. Celebrating 35 years of successful business relationships, Cunningham is a multi-discipline, client-focused firm with civil engineers, landscape architects and business professionals, collaborating to provide exceptional service to our clients.
Your responsibilities as a Cunningham Staff Civil Engineer will include:
- Assist in the preparation of maps and plans, design concepts and reports, specifications and cost opinions and other work products
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, public agencies, consultants, etc. to acquire relevant project information and to assist with project management tasks
- Assist in the preparation of land use entitlement documents and coordinate public agency approvals
- Use engineering, spreadsheet and word processing software in support of design efforts
- Perform quality control reviews (plan checks) of own work and work of others
- Learn to review all work products for potential liability exposure
- Participate in Quality Improvement Team meetings, when requested
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited 4-year University
- E.I.T. Certification
- 0-3 years general civil engineering design experience
- Excellent AutoCAD skills and working knowledge of Land Development Desktop
- Intermediate design skills and experience with site development, subdivisions, municipal projects and/or transportation
- Exposure to infrastructure studies and design a plus
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with complex, often conflicting project-design requirements
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to be positive, motivated and to be able to communicate effectively with team members, clients and public agencies
You’ll have the opportunity to stretch your talents with cool, challenging projects. In our collaborative work environment, you’ll be working with fun, knowledgeable professionals as you sharpen your skills and further your career through dedicated mentoring and professional development opportunities.
As a Sacramento Business Journal, A+ Employers: Employee's Choice Awards winner, Sacramento Workplace Excellence Leadership (SWEL) Awards finalist, and past City of Davis, Business of the Year, we really know how to support each other.
Our mission is to partner with our clients to ensure their success and improve the quality of the communities we serve. To value our employees as our prime asset by nurturing, motivating and challenging them to achieve professional excellence. Our vision is to be the consultant of choice by providing value-based services in a professional and friendly environment. To provide financial and career opportunities for our employees who foster a passion for superior service to our clients and the communities we serve.
Cunningham offers competitive salaries, insurance benefits, generous paid-time-off, 401K, performance-based bonuses and more. Apply via Handshake or send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, please including the job title (Staff Civil Engineer). Resumes are being considered immediately. No phone calls please.