Applications Engineering Intern - Longview, TX
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Engineering Intern for Summer 2023. Housing will be provided and this is a paid internship. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Support operations application analysis for drills, draglines, loaders, shovels and haulage operations, including both evaluations for mining operation effectiveness and production studies.
• Conduct equipment selection and production estimates to recommend equipment for different mining applications. Participation in field study projects will depend on current regional support demands.
• Track Komatsu equipment production rates to establish and maintain a useable database of actual customer rates.
• Generate Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models and other applicable mining justification methods to identity equipment advantages. Conduct mining equipment value analysis.
• Provide support in completion of Repair and Maintenance Program (RAMP) contract studies and cost per hour evaluations for budgeting and planning processes.
• Assist in the creation of marketing and technical presentation materials related to mining / machine applications.
• Support New Product Development (NPD) and Continuous Improvement (CI) project studies.
• Complete internal and external presentations on work results.
A Mining Engineering student of Junior, Senior or Graduate academic standing.
• Previous mining experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of draglines, drills, shovels, loaders and haulage operations
• Strong communication and presentation skills required. Confidence in overall knowledge of practical mining applications will help these skills.
• Ability to explain complex procedures in a simple matter that everyone can understand.