MedScribes seeks motivated pre-health candidates interested in gaining a first hand clinical experience that centers on the patient - clinical encounter. A scribe is a valuable, non-clinical team member who optimizes workflow efficiency, ultimately improving the patient-provider interaction. Scribes work with providers in various settings, including emergency departments, outpatient clinics, and hospitals.
Benefits for our Scribes:
- Exposure to a clinical setting with first hand patient encounters and decision making
- Clinical hours for nursing, physician assistant, or medical school.
- Interaction with clinical providers and team.
- In depth learning of a specialty with further leadership opportunities.
- Opportunity for a letter of recommendation.
- Probationary Training period: medical terminology, EHR and clinical documentation training.
Requirements for all scribe openings:
- Commitment: Minimum 20 hours per week for 1-year (2-3 shifts per week).
- Shift Hours: 7a-5p on weekdays works well for students who stack classes. Some evenings and weekend shifts may be available.
- Transportation: Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
- Typing skills: 60 words per minute.
- Education: College-level human anatomy, and/or medical terminology.
- Experience: Exposure to clinical environment preferred.
- Personality: Motivated, customer-oriented, flexible.
- Physical Requirement: Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Schedule Flexibility - updated availability requested monthly.
- Holidays - work with the team to fill holiday coverage needs as they arise.